Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheap Centerpieces

Taking my mom's advice, I searched around Michael's (and other craft stores') website to get idea for cheap centerpieces. After being inspired by this one, I went to the Dollar Tree, Target, and Michael's to collect various items. This is what I've come up with (do note that the pictures don't quite capture them completely--something about the lighting or whatnot is different when looking at them in personal, and when looking at them in the pictures. e.g. the flowers are purple, but pictures make one of them look blue. Strange, but oh well):

So if I were to bunch them all together, this is what it would look like:


 These two pictures have purple gems in the vases as well. I thought that they look a bit dark and crowded, so the two pictures after these two have only the clear gems.

Without the purple gems:















I then thought that since these tables will be square (I believe), then it might be better (and even cheaper) to have a this centerpiece (minus the two smallest vases) alternate with a smaller centerpiece:





Overall, this would cost roughly $19 for the larger three piece centerpiece and $4 for the smaller three piece centerpiece. If I could find (I haven't yet) the two big "hurricane" vases at a dollar store (all of these stores are in Ventura or else...another reason to hate SB), then it would be $11 and $4 respectively.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment