Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Photographer -- Check!

Good news!

My officemate Seth said that his wife Jenae would be willing to be our photographer! She's great with the camera: one day Seth brought in pictures of their newborn son, and I thought it was done professionally. Nope--Jenae had done it. And today he showed me pictures she had taken for her cousin's wedding and they were GREAT. (baby pictures here: http://the-one-with-the-jeppesens.blogspot.com/  The wedding pictures might be deeper in the blog somewhere...but trust me, they were really nice!)

This helps significantly. Photographers in this area cost an arm and a leg. The only one I could find at a "reasonable" price charged $795, and when I checked out his portfolio, I was very disappointed. I could take better pictures than that!

Of course the question is, how much should  pay Jenae? The cost of film, of course, but that's a lot of work for one person and I don't want to take advantage of her kindness. Suggestions?

This all came about, by the way, when a friend (and undergrad of the department, who will be going dress shopping with me in a few weeks) and my advisor were chatting with me in my office about wedding planning. My advisor told me that she had been married twice: she went all out on her first wedding, only to be stressed out (and eventually divorced); her second (and still successful marriage) she kept it simple. She recommended that I go the simple route: don't stress over all the details.

We also talked about putting disposable cameras on the tables as well or asking everyone who takes pictures to post them on a website that we will create. That way we get full coverage :) And plus it would be fun to see what pictures people take--what things can be missed during the reception, etc.

Here in the next week or so I'll drop by a local florist and talk flower-talk, and then drop by a bakery to see about wedding cakes. And then dress shopping! (Will definitely send and post pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment